-
July 2nd, 2003, 12:14 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Hey everyone! Not only am I new to this messageboard but I am fairly new to Social Distortion as well. I've been a fan of punk my entire life listening to bands like the Ramones, Sex Pistols, Black Flag,etc. etc. Just recently my husband introduced me to Mike Ness and Social Distortion...He couldn't believe I had never heard of them. I guess I've just lived a sheltered life here in Kansas City. Anyway I have been absorbed with Social D ever since he played Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell for me. I can't get enough! Anyway I hope I'm not boring anyone with my ignorance but I'm curious why there is absolutely no personal info to be found about the band members? I admit I am smitten with Mike Ness and I'd like to know everything about him! I know where and when he was born, his bout with drugs and that is it! I need to know more! Teach me, inform me please!
-
July 2nd, 2003, 01:22 AM
#2
Inactive Member
Hi Teena & welcome. [img]smile.gif[/img]
<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ July 01, 2003 10:36 PM: Message edited by: Mom13 ]</font>
-
July 2nd, 2003, 02:25 AM
#3
Inactive Member
I like Kansas City! One of my best friends lives out there. I sent you a private message, so you can click on the PM Inbox to read it!
-
July 2nd, 2003, 12:35 PM
#4
HB Forum Owner
funny, you sound a little like my ex wife. Her and I saw Mike Ness perform solo at the house of Blues on the Sunset Strip a few years back and surprisingly the crowd was kinda light. Her and I stood in the very front center and was able to just stand there without a pit or without being shoved around. (not that being up front is a problem, its just that night it was nice to actually have space). During the course of the night Mike would sweat profusely most of the time and she got some of his sweat on her.
Folks, this was kinda like the fricking brady bunch. Remember when Davey Jones kissed Marsha on the cheak and she said she would not wash her face for ever. For the next few days, My ex kept on telling everyone how mike ness' sweat got on her. Since then, my nickname for her is mike ness groupie.
There is not a whole lot of bio on the band out there that i have seen that is very in depth. go to the official website and you can see a few snidbits there. I think its safe to say that when the new record comes out there may be a lot of write-ups about them.
I still think they would be great candidates for a behind the music episode - rising out of the pitfalls of the punk rock underworld, overcoming tremendous odds with bouts with heroin and alcohol, getting into fights with 5 angry construction workers and the local college football team, surving the death of a lifelong friend, and in the mean time, raising families, building hot rods, and remoldeling houses. who wouldnt watch that?
--steve
-
July 2nd, 2003, 04:12 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Thanks for the welcomes! I have to say I'm sooo envious of all of you that are going to Hootenanny! Living in KC as I do who knows when and if I'll ever get to see Social Distortion play. I keep my fingers crossed it will be soon!
-
July 2nd, 2003, 04:26 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Well I have been into social d since I was about 10 years old I was big into skateboarding and read all the mags. In the back of Thrasher mag they used to sell punk and other shirts and I always loved the scull and martini glass and said who the hell is this band so I got some of there stuff on tape and that was it been following them through out my life I will be 25 in Aug and I guess you could say that Social D is my favorite all round music act ever. Check out the Big tk over mag and there back issues you can order some of the best Social D interviews I have ever read. It's not to late this band has alot more Rockin to do. I would love for my band to play with Social Distortion one of these days that would really be kick ass who knows right. Well From what I have gathered Mike Ness is not a f-in lable he is music all styles and tells the ******* truth that is what makes him IMO one the only muscians out there to really understand what it means to pick up a guitar and just ******* let the emotions out and make it be real oposed to just making music for some fuck in office who banks a ******* bens off of you. Thats what social d is about balls to the wall Rock 'N' Roll I will listen to the day I die.
LATER Cip JDRB.com [img]cool.gif[/img]
-
July 2nd, 2003, 08:59 PM
#7
Inactive Member
Wolfpits
That is fuckin hilarious. You did the behind the music perfectly. They should have you do it.
You might want to check out allmusic.com they have a bio too.
-
July 3rd, 2003, 03:05 AM
#8
Inactive Member
I sent Teena this link, but ya'll should read it. Some scary shit in there. It's probably the best article I've read on Ness. 3 Days til' Hoot!
http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/99/31/music-kane.php
-
July 3rd, 2003, 06:09 AM
#9
Inactive Member
i've always thought about a Social D behind the music...but the sad truth is...Social D aint big enough for VH1 to give them some real attention...but if the decided to make one i know it'd be a friggin tv hit cuz the story would be so damn interesting...maybe we should write letters like crazy to them...im talkin thousands and maybe they might do it
-
July 3rd, 2003, 02:44 PM
#10
Inactive Member
VHI behind the music yeah that would be kicken. I mean when Kurt Cobain died they ******* cut through every channel and the whole world weaps. Blah blah blah. When Joe Stummer or say Joey died they dident get shit. Gets me so mad that the pioners get no respect but a peice of shit guitar player shots his head off and everyone crys. I mean guys were doing what he did year before and no one gave a shit. I don't understand it at all.
God that gets me mad.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks